Sunday, November 3, 2013

Felt skulls

I wanted a new craft that my son and I could do for the season. We made felt skulls for our Samhain altar. :)

I bought some felt from the craft store. I wanted wool felt but our Ben Franklin only sells felt that is 20% wool.




I made a pattern and printed it out in three different sizes, though I only cut out two sizes. :)

I cut out a bunch of pairs of heads in the two sizes.



Then I sewed the pairs together with the blanket stitch and stuffed them with some wool stuffing.

I stitched mine with threads, and different embroidery stitches. :)



Kevin wasn't sure about the stitching part.
I didn't want to push him. I suggested coloring them. I dug out some fabric markers and those worked well for him. He actually colored both sides of the skulls and had fun doing it. :)

They looked great on our altar!

No comments:

Post a Comment