Monday, August 3, 2015

Iowa Lammas Fest 2015


Two weekends camping in a row! I am exhausted! :)

Our local pagan festival has been around for 13 years, though this is my first year going. Not sure exactly why I waited so long to go, but there were several years where I wasn't doing much camping.

It was certainly laid back, which is exactly what I needed since I was already tired! The fire at main ritual was lovely. My coven danced as only witches can dance!

The event has a chosen charity to raise funds for, the MacBride Raptor Center. An educator came and spoke about raptors and brought out a Kestrel and a tiny Screech Owl, as well as talked about other raptors. The birds were adorable.

We spent most of our time just sitting around! Saturday was so so hot! We sat and knitted and chatted between activities. My covenmate Melanie taught a bellydance class, fortunately for her she likes the heat. Her partner taught a poi spinning class. The kids played and explored the Devonian Gorge that was at the park we were at.

We did get together and take a picture in the afternoon. Most of the kids were off somewhere so we didn't get them into the picture. Coven friends also joined us. :)

Sunday looked to be another hot day, so we all packed up after closing ritual and headed down to the Dam and the beach. I was so exhausted that I almost didn't go, but the kiddo really wanted to (he'd gone on saturday with some of the others).  We went, and it was lovely. The water was cool and refreshing, though the sand was hot! We found lots of fossils in the sand.

A lovely weekend with my tribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment