Monday, May 4, 2015

Demicon 2015


Every year we go to two Science-Fiction conventions, one in the spring and one in the fall. DemiCon is the spring convention and this year was super fun, as it had a witchy theme. :)

The con had asked for "photo booth" areas, and my friend Sue made one inspired by Wyrd Sisters by the late Terry Pratchett. Super fun! Kevin made a wand in the kids craft room and had to have a picture taken in front of the photo backdrop. :)


Our local sci-fi reading group, DAGOBAH also had our 30th anniversary this year, so Sue also set up a room party to celebrate. :) She made martinis, decorated and made a Bond 007 shrine to the martini.

DemiCon always has a Klingon Jail and Bail for charity, and each year Kevin asks for a costume so he can join the klingons and arrest people. He preferred a TOS klingon costume, so that's what I made for him. He LOVED it. He ended up arresting his grandma, and later, ME. lol  the guys running it were super nice to Kevin, so he had a blast.




Sue also held a bookbinding class, and that was high on my must do list.

I've learned a couple techniques for bookbinding. This one I found some fake leather in the scrap pile so I really like how my book turned out.  I was surprised at how fast we got done, this technique was very quick.

We found another photo op in the kids room, inspired by Harry Potter. Kevin is totally a ham for photo ops, he really gets into it. The lady who made the props said she painted it in colors that work best with putting the photo through a sepia filter. She was right, it looks fantastic.

Of course we did many other things and I took other photos, too many to post. Thanks for looking at these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment