Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring is returning!


I was pulling out stuff to set up our seasonal household altar and pulled out all the decorated eggs that have survived the years. I decided to put them in one of my bowls on the altar, but before I did that, I took this picture.

Ostara season was never the Sabbat I resonated most with, but as my covenmate says, it is the herald of spring. As I get older and dislike winter more and more every year, I am coming around to her way of thinking! So I particularly enjoyed putting this year's spring altar together. 

I wish more of the eggs we've made over the years survived. But if I blow them out, they are super fragile. If I go traditional and leave the raw egg inside, sometimes they don't make it. But at least I have these. And we'll make more this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment