Friday, July 19, 2013

Zentangle!

I have yet another new hobby! lol... I'm doing Zentagle... basically it's doodling with rules. I used to doodle a lot when I was younger (in school). I didn't take notes in class... I doodled, and it helped me concentrate on what the teacher was saying.

Anyway, I've come back to doodling. I enjoy the Zentangle style... there's hundreds of patterns. Usually it's more flowing looking, but I had to fill a pentacle from the moment I started playing around with this. :)  I also plan to do some of the zendala (mandala templates filled with zentangle).

There's a whole money-making industry around this, but you don't need to spend anything except for some decent paper and a good fine tip pen. I have mixed media paper and a Sakura Micron 05 pen (which is what is recommended and I like it better than ultra fine sharpies).  I also happened to have the Zentangle for Beginners booklet but I got it free at the CHA Craft and Hobby trade show in Chicago a few years ago. You don't need the book though. You can google Zentangle or you can stop by www.tanglepatterns.com and learn a lot there. That's where I found the most patterns.

A few of the patterns in my pentacle above were zentangle patterns I found. A couple of them I made myself from witchy symbols, like the center which is a repeated protection symbol.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment