Saturday, July 6, 2013

44 Days of Witchery - Day 19

44 Days of Witchery - Day 19:  Fire Element

Heat. Energy. Destruction. Desire. Creation. Power.

I was just accused of being a pyromaniac, for taking joy in lighting off my son's little novelty firecrackers for the 4th of July. I'm not really a pyro. I do enjoy lighting the stuff off but I have a healthy respect for the potential pain fire could cause should something go wrong.

When I was a latchkey kid, at 11 yrs old, I was terrified of having to light our gas stove to start making my own dinner. I'd been raised to have a fear of "playing with matches" but that had the side effect of making it difficult to overcome that fear when it was time for me to learn to cook on my own!

My son doesn't have that fear yet, though he seems to have some healthy respect, at least I hope so.

Fire is not my home element. But I'm no longer afraid of it, and I can work with it. Fire is beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment